Location – Shefford, Northampton or Huntingdon (although travel to other offices may be required)
Contract Type – Permanent – Full Time (37 hours) (Part Time considered minimum 30 hours)
Salary Range – £43,000 – £48,950 DOE
We are in search of a commercial property lawyer who is keen to progress and develop their knowledge and experience in a ‘local authority’ setting. The work is excellent quality – varied, complex and interesting! Our Commercial Property team deals with the re-development of school sites, disposals of land surplus to requirements, acquisitions of land for mixed use development schemes (including social housing provision) and land acquisitions for major Highways Schemes. We also deal with industrial estate management work (new leases, lease renewals, assignments etc.), transfers of land pursuant to s106 Agreements (for educational use or public open space), title investigations and the granting of easements/wayleaves/licences etc. You will have an opportunity to join project teams and to work closely with our principal lawyers on complex development schemes. We are looking for a lawyer who is driven, pro-active, organised, able to attend the office two days a week and who has a friendly, positive attitude.
“The work is so interesting and varied – no two matters are ever the same!”
- To act as a legal advisor to the client organisations in regeneration, commercial property and other corporate or constitutional and administrative matters to ensure compliance with statutory duties and obligations and to protect the best interests of the client organisations.
- Preparing, negotiating and advising on all aspects relating to regeneration projects and commercial property work.
- Advising and negotiating on projects involving multiple agencies and client interests, including the third sector and charitable organisations.
- Act as a source of legal advice and support to any of the client Committees and Directorates as directed to cover the absence of colleagues.
- To represent clients in negotiations and discussions with third parties in matters regarding the areas of legal practice relevant to the post.
- To support the Pathfinder Legal Services Ltd Leadership team in building and maintaining effective working relationships with clients to ensure the delivery of a seamless and client focussed service.
- To promote Pathfinder Legal Services Ltd and to identify further areas of development to both existing and potential work streams.
- To support the Pathfinder Legal Services Ltd Leadership team by complying with all of Pathfinder Legal Services’ practice management requirements including time recording and billing, SRA Compliance, Lexcel and other accreditation schemes.
- To support the Pathfinder Legal Services Ltd Leadership team in developing and maintaining effective partnerships, networks and joint working arrangements to ensure the most effective provision of Legal Services to meet the needs and aspirations of clients.
- To contribute to the development, training or mentoring of colleagues where required.
- To supervise other members of the team in a line management capacity where required.
- To deputise for the Principal Lawyer where required.
- Develop, provide legal input and deliver training courses to relevant persons to increase the client’s awareness of relevant legal issues and to increase their self-sufficiency.
- To carry out such other legal work and other tasks as required by the Director of Pathfinder Legal Services Ltd, Heads of Service or Principal Lawyer from time to time including work within other unrelated legal fields.
- To act as an authorised signatory for an appropriate shareholder client.
- To buddy, train and support colleagues.
For a copy of the Full Job Description. please click here
Pathfinder Legal Benefits
- Local Government Pensions Scheme – considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates.
- Flexible working arrangements – we offer flexible hours and hybrid working which allows for remote working but we also require regular office attendance with the aim to give everyone a balanced work/life ratio.
- Family Friendly policies including excellent Maternity, Paternity and Adoption entitlements.
- An exceptional Employee Assistance Program which helps supports employees with workplace changes as well as other work, family and personal issues.
- A generous minimum annual leave entitlement of 25 days, rising on 5 and 10 years service, plus public holidays. With the option to purchase more annual leave.
To apply for this position please send your CV and a covering letter explaining how you meet the Person Specification to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Until Filled
Interviews for this role will take place as applications are processed.
For a copy of the full Job Description and Person Specification and details of our other vacancies, please visit our website www.pathfinderlegal.co.uk/careers.
PLEASE NOTE: we will only accept applications where a supporting covering letter showing how you meet the person specification and a CV is submitted.
Keywords: Property Lawyer, Law vacancy, Law jobs, Law, Law careers, Legal careers, Legal jobs, Legal vacancy