Location – Northampton, Huntingdon or Shefford (although travel to other offices may be required)
Contract Type – Full Time (37 hours) Permanent
Salary Range: £27,362.50 – £31,432.50 DOE
- To assist a team of Lawyers and act as a point of contract on a variety of cases, to
include but not limited to, taking instructions and giving advice, carrying out research,
preparing applications, drafting documents and correspondence, commissioning and
instructing expert witnesses, liaising with witnesses, attending meetings and providing
advice and representation in courts or tribunals.
• To manage a case load comprising mainly SEN Tribunal cases and to clerk school
admission and exclusion appeals, ensuring awareness of safeguarding responsibilities,
compliance with statutory duties and obligations and to protect the best interest of
the client organisations.
• To ensure the effective identification and awareness of risks associated with the
relevant areas of legal practice.
- Develop and provide legal input into training courses, briefing notes and legal
clinic/surgeries for a range of professional clients. Where required, assist Lawyers
with the provision of training to clients in specialist areas of law.
• Provide cover and support, including in times of absence, to other Paralegals based
within the wider Adult Social Care & Litigation Service.
• To make a positive contribution to the Adult Social Care & Litigation Service and
contribute to the development, training or mentoring of colleagues where required.
• Support the Pathfinder Legal Services Leadership Team in building and maintaining
effective working relationships with clients to ensure the delivery of a seamless and
client focused service.
• Support the Pathfinder Legal Services Leadership Team by complying with all Legal
Services’ practice management requirements including time recording, billing, Lexcel
and other accreditation schemes, and compliance with all policies and procedures.
• Support the Pathfinder Legal Services Leadership Team in developing and maintaining
effective partnerships, networks and joint working arrangements to ensure the most
effective provision of Legal Services to meet the needs and aspirations of clients.
• To carry out other duties which fall within the broad spirit, scope and purpose of the
job description as required by the Director of Pathfinder Legal Services, Heads of
Service or Principal Lawyers from time to time and which are commensurate with the
grade of the post.
For a copy of the Full Job Description please click here
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with initiative, a proactive approach to problem solving and a real commitment to the job. In return for this we can offer you an excellent benefits package alongside a flexible, modern working environment equipped with the technology needed to enable you to balance the pressures of a busy role.
Pathfinder Legal Benefits
- Local Government Pensions Scheme – considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates.
- Flexible working arrangements – we offer flexible hours and remote working with the aim to give everyone a balanced work / life ratio.
- Family Friendly policies including excellent Maternity, Paternity and Adoption entitlements.
- A generous minimum annual leave entitlement of 24 days, plus public holidays. With the option to purchase more annual leave!
To apply for this position please send your CV and a supporting covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 01/03/2023
Interviews taking place: week commencing 06/03/2023
Number of vacancies for the role: 1
PLEASE NOTE: we will only accept applications where a supporting covering letter and a CV is submitted.