Location – Northampton
Contract Type – Full Time (37 hours) Permanent
Salary Range: £50,000 – £60,000 DOE
- Provide legal advice and services to client organisations in the areas of commercial property matter and other corporate or constitutional and administrative matters to ensure compliance with statutory duties and obligations and to protect the best interests of the client organisations.
- Provide high quality, innovative, well researched and comprehensive specialist legal advice to clients (including elected members and senior officers), managing a complex caseload and delivering advice within the timescales required by the client.
- Act as a source of legal advice and support to any of the client Councils’ Committees and Directorates as directed.
- To represent clients in negotiations and discussions with third parties in commercial property matters.
- Instruct and manage suppliers of external legal services such as solicitors and barristers in accordance with the requirements of each client.
- Lead, direct, develop and improve the service to client organisations, predominately in the area of commercial property, to ensure the provision of an excellent standard of client care and value for money.
- Act as a legal advisor to client organisations to ensure compliance with statutory duties and obligations and to protect the best interests of the client organisations.
- Actively seek out new business development opportunities and to raise the profile of Pathfinder Legal Services with both our existing client base and potential new clients.
- Build highly effective working relationships with clients to ensure that Pathfinder Legal Services delivers a seamless and client focussed service to all its clients.
For a copy of the full Job Description please click here
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with initiative, a proactive approach to problem solving and a real commitment to the job. In return for this we can offer you an excellent benefits package alongside a flexible, modern working environment equipped with the technology needed to enable you to balance the pressures of a busy role.
Pathfinder Legal Benefits
- Local Government Pensions Scheme – considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates.
- Flexible working arrangements – we offer flexible hours and remote working with the aim to give everyone a balanced work / life ratio.
- Family Friendly policies including excellent Maternity, Paternity and Adoption entitlements.
- A generous minimum annual leave entitlement of 26 days, plus public holidays. With the option to purchase more annual leave!
To apply for this position please send your CV and a covering letter explaining how you meet the Person Specification to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 11 February 2022 @ midday
Interviews for this role will take place week commencing 21 February 2022
Number of vacancies for the role: 2
PLEASE NOTE: we will only accept applications where a covering letter explaining how you meet the Person Specification and a CV is submitted.