Here at Pathfinder Legal Services we are committed to developing and fostering growth in our employees. One of the ways this is achieved is through our comprehensive training programme to qualify as a Solicitor allowing them to realise their full potential and gain hands on experience in a busy and diverse law firm. In addition to the traditional training contract, we also support Qualifying Work Experience for those wishing to qualify via Solicitors Qualifying Examinations and offer SQE Graduate Solicitor Apprenticeships.
Under our training contract, Trainee Solicitors and Apprentices work directly with senior lawyers across our various areas of practices on complex matters. We offer a hands-on and varied experience where you will build a thorough understanding of both the firm’s business and working with our clients. Teamwork is at the foundation of everything we do at Pathfinder Legal Services and you can expect to be an active member of a busy team, and play a real part in doing challenging legal work.
Our two year, full time training contract is divided into four seats, each on a six month rotation to ensure our Trainees receive invaluable experience and support within the following practice areas:
- Children’s Social Care
- Special Educational Needs (SEN) and Education
- Contracts and Procurement
- Health and Adult Social Care
- Planning and Highways
- Commercial Property
- Corporate Governance
While classic “seat” allocations bring a practice area focus to each six-month phase of your training, the versatility and integration of our legal teams will ensure you have a varied workload and regular exposure to diverse learning experiences.
Our Apprentices are offered a tailored training programme and a pattern of 80% working time and 20% study time.
We look for future Trainees and Apprentices who can demonstrate excellent communication skills and teamwork, who are adaptable and ambitious with a thriving ambition to succeed.
Pay and Benefits
You can expect to receive a salary of:
1st year salary: £28,183.00 per annum
2nd year salary: £28,875.00 per annum
Qualification salary: £40,236.00 per annum
- Local Government Pensions Scheme – considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates.
- Flexible working arrangements – to give our employees a balanced work / life ratio we offer flexible hours.
- A generous minimum annual leave entitlement of 24 days, plus public holidays. With the option to purchase more annual leave!
Entry requirements for Trainee Solicitor:
- Minimum 2:2 Qualifying Degree in Law or other degree
- If relevant, successfully completed the Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) (passing first time)
- Successful completion of the Legal Practice Course (LPC) (passing first time)
- Prior paralegal experience would be an advantage, but is not essential
Trainees must have completed their Legal Practice Course (passing first time) ahead of commencing the training contract in September and any offer will be subject to this requirement. The firm does not provide retrospective funding for law school fees.
Entry requirements for SQE Graduate Solicitor Apprenticeship:
- Law Degree
- Or non-Law Degree and GDL
- Or level 6 CILEX)
- Gained in the last three years
We only accept internal applications for our training programmes from our existing pool of employees. Visit our careers page for details of our current vacancies.