Whether you are looking for one off advice on specific projects or issues, training for your members or ongoing governance support we would be able to assist you with your needs.
Our governance lawyers also advise on:
- elections, petitions and local polls;
- standards investigations and advice to standards committee;
- member training
- amendments and drafting on the constitution
- change of organisation structures
- community governance reviews and their implementation;
- the use of wholly‑-owned local authority companies, charitable bodies and other project vehicles for specific purposes;
- advice on the Freedom of Information Act 2000, the Data Protection Act 2018, the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 and the General Data Protection Regulations;
- the impact of new legislation on decision making and council procedures.