Location – Northampton (although travel to other offices may be required)
Contract Type – Permanent – Full Time (37 hours)
Salary Range: £49,500.00 – £56,750.00 DOE
Plus £1,400.00 Management Allowance*
- To be a lead within the team taking responsibility for the more complex and difficult cases and providing guidance and support to other members of the team.
- To contribute to the management of the team, deputising for the Principal Solicitor/Head of Service as and when required, attending management meetings.
- To have specific management responsibilities to supervise and mentor other members of the team in a line management capacity
- To act as a legal advisor to the client organisations in relation to their Children’s social care functions and other corporate or constitutional and administrative matters to ensure compliance with statutory duties and obligations and to protect the best interests of the client organisations.
- Advise upon and conduct proceedings relating to the care and protection of children and young people to secure the proper course of action and balanced and favourable judgements
*payable monthly when managing a team.
For a copy of the Full Job Description please click here
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with initiative, a proactive approach to problem solving and a real commitment to the job. In return for this we can offer you an excellent benefits package alongside a flexible, modern working environment equipped with the technology needed to enable you to balance the pressures of a busy role.
Pathfinder Legal Benefits
- Local Government Pensions Scheme – considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates.
- Flexible working arrangements – we offer flexible hours and remote working with the aim to give everyone a balanced work / life ratio.
- Family Friendly policies including excellent Maternity, Paternity and Adoption entitlements.
- A generous minimum annual leave entitlement of 25 days, plus public holidays. With the option to purchase more annual leave!
To apply for this position please send your CV and a covering letter explaining how you meet the Person Specification to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying for this position, please quote reference ‘CHI-006’.
Closing date for applications: Until Filled
Number of vacancies for the role: 2
PLEASE NOTE: we will only accept applications where a supporting covering letter and a CV is submitted.